Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Carnival!




According to the Guiness Book of World Records, the Carnival celebration is the biggest party on earth because there are over two million people dancing at any given time. It basically is one big parade (similar to the American Mardi Gras) with loud music, dancing, kissing, etc. We were warned to the extreme of the crime level, sexual offenses, and violence committed during Carnival. There were two men fighting each other right in front of me but fortunately, I was safe. However, I had friends who were mugged, beat-up, and pick-pocketed. Everyone was ok though. It was a great experience and I am really glad I went, but the streets reaked of alcohol and urine and there were so many people that you could hardly move through the crowd or dance. I can say though, officially, that I have been to the biggest party on earth.

1 comment:

simone said...

Jamie!!! I forgot what my username/password was for this, but I'm back and ready to post you a comment (or 2!). I love the Carnival picture (you're the one in green w/ the mask, right?) Being part of the biggest party in the world has got to be fun, chaotic, adventurous, etc! Looks like soooo much fun! : )