Friday, April 11, 2008

Hong Kong

Hong Kong…
Disneyland!! I’ve never been and because there are so many people on this ship that are from California and Florida, and just so many other fortunate souls, people found it hard to believe that I had never been to a Disney theme park. Needless to say, I went while I was in Hong Kong. For a few hours on April 3rd, I got to be a kid again. I got a picture kissing Mickey, rode Space Mountain 4 times, spun around in a tea cup, and went for a magical ride on the flying elephant, Dumbo. Not that I had anything to compare it to, but the Hong Kong Disneyland is apparently the smallest one. It didn’t take too long to go through all the rides that I wasn’t too big for, but I still had a great time. I can’t wait to go to Disneyworld in the states. Apparently it is a million times better…and I already had a great time in Hong Kong.
My friends and I raced back to the ship to catch dinner (we made it just before the dining hall closed!) and then I stayed on the ship to watch the light show on the Hong Kong skyline as they all went out. Due to the cloudiness, the view wasn’t as spectacular, but the light show was still pretty neat to see. I was only in Hong Kong for one day because I left early in the morning on the second day to go to Beijing.

No comments: